Chanukah candles are nothing like lighting Shabbos candles where you just light them and move on with life. No, on Chanukah you stand there holding a lit candle – swaying back and forth singing very long blessings – and you’re NOT supposed to get mischievous with the fire ???!!! So tonight, as I was holding my Shamash candle while doing the swaying thing, I decided to give a shout out to my fellow pyromaniacs out there – and let them know that there is some really cool stuff to burn, and for your reading pleasure, I’ve listed them below.
1. The Chanukah decorations. (I did light them on fire, but luckily me and hubby were quick enough to blow it out before the first brocha was over)
2. The foil on the table. Granted I learned the first night that foil doesn’t burn well, so there went that idea)
3. The dreidels! We all know plastic melts beautifully
4. The menorah. I’ve tried seeing what happens if you try to light the silver (or metal) menorah on fire but to no avail. Didn’t do much. Oh well.
5. The box of matches. This has proven to be dangerous – so make sure you know what you’re doing. (Right, like there is a Pyromaniac 101 course?)
6. Hair. There’s always one or two strands of hair floating around begging to be singed.
7. Your hubby’s hair. Maybe this is why he keeps it so short?
Well, I think 7 is enough for you to play with for the next few nights of Chanukah…
Oh and of course, keep a fire distinguisher handy
Happy (rest of) Chanukah !!!!
image credits: journey66.blogspot.com